*** UPDATE ***
March 14, 2018:
Click here to learn about phishing and phone scams involving those pretending to be the CRA and what to shoud you get such a call.
February 28, 2018:
The 2018 Federal Budget was released on February 27, 2018. You can download a summary and commentary in PDF here.
Koss Accounting has been providing accounting and tax compliance services to owner managed businesses in Calgary and surrounding area for over 30 years. In June 2015, Cory Koss Professional Corporation; Certified Managment Accountant was incorporated to align with the new CPA unification.
Small business owners are faced with having to ensure compliance with many Alberta and Canadian laws. Our goal is to assist out clients in being compliant with the tax laws as well as provide tools to understand financial decisions.
We achieve our goal by combining
- A dedication to continous professional development that focuses on tax compliance for personal and business entities;
- Developing and maintaining a library of resource materials that focuses on tax compliance, tax authority trends and accounting issues;
- Staying current with technology in all aspects of our business;
- Drawing from our knowledge experience gained from a diversity of clients and our personal experience in managing businesses.
We provide the following services to our clients in anticipation of achieving our goal:
- Bookkeeping services, including assistance in maintaining your own set of books
- Financial Statement preperation (Compilation, or Notice to Reader, only)
- Preperation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Preperation of information returns (T4, T5, T5018 and more)
- Assistance in maintaining your corporate minute book
- Alberta WCB and other information returns as necessary
- Cash flow analysis and planning (Weekly, monthly or quarterly)
- Financial modelling - assists in budgetting and forecasting
We are also equiped to handle many other business services, just ask.
Our senior accountant, Cory Koss CPA, CMA, started in Koss & Associates Inc in September 1993 and trained under his father Bruce Koss CMA. Cory received his CMA designation in 2004 and has been senior accountant since that time.
We employe an office manager Kori McGregor. She has been employed by the office since 1999. She is your first contact in the office whether you call are come in for an appointment. She assist our clients in many bookkeeping matters. She also prepares most of the personal tax returns done in the office under the supervision of Cory.